Another Wine Pairing Weekend event is right around the corner! On September 13, we will focus on “Regional Food and Wine Pairings.” I’m looking forward to hearing what my fellow bloggers will come up with showcasing the tasty interplay of food and wine that hail from the same area!
I’m hosting this one via my Cooking Chat blog, and have posted more details over there. Check that out for a bit more about what I’m looking for, but will summarize the basic info for interested participants here:
- Send an email to tell me you’re in: Include your blog url, Twitter handle, link to your Pinterest profile, and any other social media detail. If you know your blog post title now, include that…but you can send me that a bit closer to the event, I’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shoutouts and links as we go. If you’re a past #winePW blogger, just your post title will do unless you’ve updated any of the other details. The email is winepairingweekend AT gmail.com
- Send your post title to me by Tuesday, September 9, to be included in the preview post. I will do a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include ” #winePW 4″ (Note: I’d like us all to use the hashtag in the title to make it easier to see the posts getting shared on Twitter).
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-7:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, September 13. You can always schedule your post in advance if you will be tied up around then.
- Include a link to the other #winePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the html code you can easily put in your initial post–which will link to people’s general blog url–then updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers posts’ to comment and share. I’ll follow-up later with some specific strategies for that social sharing.
- Sponsored posts OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
- Live #winePW Twitter Chat September 13, 11 a.m. ET: Participating bloggers and others interested in the subject will connect via a live Twitter chat. It’s a nice bring way to bring in others interested in the subject who didn’t get a chance to share a blog post. You can definitely still join the blog event if you’re not available for the live chat.
- Highlights on WinePairingWeekend.com: Some #winePW participants will be invited to have their posts featured on the Wine Pairing Weekend site. The goal of the site is to create a growing database of great pairings for a wide variety of wines and food. You can let me know in your email with post title if you’re interested in having your post included on the site.
- Regional wine reps: Would love to hear from representatives of a wine region interested in being part of the #winePW 4 fun. Just drop me an email at winepairingweekend AT gmail.com if you woud like to explore possibilities.